Together we will save them – Vereshchuk about the defenders of Mariupol
Vereshchuk met with relatives of the defenders of Azovstal./collage Channel 24
Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk, who took part in the evacuation of Ukrainians from Mariupol, met with relatives of Azovstal defenders. During the meeting, relatives of the defenders of Mariupol were told what the Ukrainian authorities are doing to save them.
Laputina and Malyar took part in the meeting
The Minister for the Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine said that the meeting with the relatives of the defenders of Azovstal took place on May 14 at the House of Officers.
As Vereshchuk wrote on her social networks, they tried to explain to their relatives what the Ukrainian authorities were doing to save soldiers at “Azovstal”.
A meaningful and sincere conversation took place. I hope we managed to convey to our relatives what exactly the authorities are doing to save our military at Azovstal,” the minister wrote.
Vereshchuk said that the meeting was attended by Minister for Veterans Affairs Yulia Laputina, Deputy Defense Minister Anna Malyar and Deputy Interior Minister Kateryna Pavlichenko.
In addition, representatives of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the National Guard and the State Border Guard Service took part in the meeting .
Together we will save them! Vereshchuk concluded.
Ukraine is working on the evacuation of the defenders of Mariupol
- In early May, the evacuation of civilians from Azovstal in Mariupol was unblocked. The Donetsk OVA reported that there were no more civilians left at the metallurgical plant.
- At the same time, there are still hundreds of wounded Ukrainian soldiers at the plant in Mariupol, whom Ukraine wants to evacuate.
- May 12 Minister Vereshchuk first reported that the wounded Ukrainian military could be evacuated from Mariupol. Subsequently, she clarified that the rescue of seriously wounded soldiers from Azovstal would take place with the mediation of Turkey.
- According to preliminary information, Ukraine is trying to negotiate with Russia on the evacuation of 60 soldiers.
- It is worth noting that President Vladimir Zelensky stressed that Ukraine wants to take out all the military from Azovstal, including the bodies of the killed heroes. The head of state announced difficult negotiations with the invaders.
- While Ukraine is working to evacuate its heroes, the Russian military continues to storm Azovstal. Our defenders reported that the Russians were dropping aerial bombs, using heavy artillery and tanks.