Too early to speak, – Klymenko about the rank of the funeral of the leadership of the Ministry of Internal Affairs
The senior leadership of the Ministry of Internal Affairs tragically died in a plane crash in Brovary. It is not yet known when the funeral will take place.
This was stated by Acting Minister of the Interior Igor Klymenko on the air of the telethon, channel 24 reports.
It's too early to talk about it (the funeral – Channel 24),” Klymenko said.
He added that they were conducting the relevant examinations. They must identify all the dead.
Separately, Klymenko noted that it is too early to talk about new appointments of deputies. It is necessary to stabilize the work of the Ministry.
Plane crash in Brovary: brief
- On the morning of January 18, a State Emergency Service helicopter crashed in Brovary, flying to the Kharkiv region. There were 9 people on board, including the top leadership of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
- Head Denis Monastyrsky, his first deputy Yevgeny Enin and State Secretary of the Ministry of Internal Affairs Yuri Lubkovich. Unfortunately, everyone died.
- A total of 14 people died, including 1 child. 25 people were injured, 11 of them were children. After lunch, the State Emergency Service reported that search and rescue operations had been completed.
- The government has set up a special task force to investigate the helicopter crash. It will include the Acting Minister of Internal Affairs, the head of the State Emergency Service, representatives of other ministries.
- The SBU is considering several versions of the tragedy: a violation of flight rules and a malfunction of the helicopter itself. Sabotage is also not ruled out.