Torture and rape – Venislavsky spoke about the atrocities of Russians in the Kherson region
Russian invaders commit atrocities in the Kherson region (illustrative photo)/Getty Images
In the Kherson region, Russians commit the same crimes as in other Ukrainian territories. They kidnap people, torture and rape women.
Fyodor Venislavsky, a member of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on National Security and Defense, told Channel 24 about this. The occupiers commit crimes against the civilian population located in the temporarily occupied territory.
“They (the Russians – Channel 24) kidnap people, torture, rape women. This is the kind of war that the solvers are used to waging on our territory and for which they will definitely be responsible,” the people's deputy emphasized.
Kherson region will definitely be sacked
According to Venislavsky, despite all the attempts of the invaders, Ukrainians in the Kherson region clearly demonstrate that they are absolutely not interested in the prospect of making this territory part of the Russian state .
Our resistance movement is demonstrating its actions. Civilians, despite the threats addressed to them, show a pro-Ukrainian position. The temporary occupation of Kherson, which was achieved in the first days of the war, has its negative aspects. – the deputy said.
Venislavsky is convinced that in 2022 the territory of Kherson will definitely be liberated from Russian invaders.
“I have no doubts about that at all” , – added the MP.
The situation in the Kherson region: latest news
- According to the operational command “South”, the Russians continue to fortify themselves on the occupied borders of Kherson. However, active offensive operations are not carried out.
- In the Kherson region, on May 11, the invaders kidnapped ex-deputy of the regional council Viktor Pomaznyuk. The man was taken directly from his house.
- The Russian invaders are planning to conduct a population census in the Kherson region. The same situation was in the temporarily occupied Crimea in 2014.
- Kherson activist Vladimir Molchanov said that Russians can detain a person in the region only because they don’t like him. Arrested even for the word “orcs”, or because a person's phone has an Action application that says about a Russian ship.
- According to the American Institute for the Study of War, Vladimir Putin, probably in the coming months, wants to join Russian occupied territories in the South and East of Ukraine.