Our soldiers repulsed 12 enemy attacks/Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, illustrative photo
Ukrainian Armed Forces in Donbas repulsed 12 enemy attacks. The invaders lost a tank and a lot of other equipment.
Enemies fired at about 50 settlements in the Luhansk and Donetsk regions. This is the situation in the Donbas as of May 26, on the 92nd day of the full-scale war that Russia launched against Ukraine.
The Armed Forces of Ukraine in Donbas repelled enemy attacks and destroyed their equipment
Ukrainian defenders and defenders from the Joint Forces grouping repelled today (May 26 – Channel 24) 12 enemy attacks, the message says.
It is preliminary known that the enemy is using military aircraft against Ukraine along the entire defense , multiple launch rocket systems, large-caliber cannon artillery, tanks, mortars of various systems. In addition, rockets and bombs are fired at civilian infrastructure facilities and peaceful residential areas.
Our servicemen managed to destroy enemy equipment:
- 1 tank;
- 5 artillery systems;
- 5 units of armored combat vehicles;
- 5 enemy vehicles.
In addition, our air defense in the sky of Donbass shot down an enemy Ka-52 multi-purpose helicopter, a cruise missile, and also drone of the “Orlan-10” type.
Russian invaders cynically shelled Donbass
During May 26, Russian invaders shelled almost 50 settlements in Donetsk and Lugansk regions, they destroyed and damaged 60 civilian objects, including:
- 55 residential buildings;
- mining enterprise;
- administrative building of the recreation center;
- as well as the fire station.
K Unfortunately, as a result of enemy shelling, 9 civilians were killed, another 14 were injured and injured of varying severity, the Joint Forces Group reported.
Nevertheless, our Armed Forces continue to heroically restrain the invasion of Russian invaders.
Briefly about the situation in Donbas
- During the day on May 26, the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the East of Ukraine destroyed 87 units of the occupying personnel, 5 infantry fighting vehicles, 3 artillery systems, 2 mortars, 1 helicopter and a drone, as well as 3 ATT.
- The enemy concentrated its forces in the Donbass , in particular in the Luhansk region. Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Oleksiy Danilov said that the situation in the Luhansk region is extremely difficult, because the enemy is strong and treacherous. The official explained that we need to “bite our teeth” and continue to fight in order to expel the Russian invaders from Ukraine.
- Also, the Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council frankly admitted that if now to convince the public that everything is fine with us, this will mean introducing misleading ourselves.
- On the same day, Mikhail Podolyak, adviser to the head of the President's Office, explained that now our entire military machine is holding back the enemy in the East. In particular, the Armed Forces of Ukraine are trying to contain the aggressive offensive of the Russian invaders. Yermak's adviser explained that now Moscow is throwing everything it has into battle, but time is on our side.