Ukrainians' trust in SBU has more than doubled, – opinion poll
Among the military and law enforcement agencies, Ukrainians most of all trust the Armed Forces and the Security Service of Ukraine. It is they who have the greatest increase in trust compared to 2021.
This is evidenced by the results of a public opinion poll conducted during December 4-27, 2022 by the Kyiv International Institute of Sociology (KIIS).
KIIS survey results
According to the confidence level survey:
- in the Armed Forces of Ukraine for the year increased from 72 to 96%,
- and in the SBU – from 29 to 63%.
The balance of trust-distrust towards these structures has also grown :
- for the APU it changed from +60 to +96%,
- for the SBU – from -7 to +54%.
Thus, trust in the SBU has more than doubled compared to 2021, as the intelligence service is actively involved in protecting the country.
The confidence of Ukrainians in the SBU and the Armed Forces of Ukraine increased during a full-scale war / Photo by KIIS
SBU is changing and may become Ukrainian Mossad
Previously, experts explained the strengthening of the SBU's positions by the results of its work during the war and the arrival of Vasily Malyuk to the post of head of the SBU. In particular, among the results of the Service:
- successful special operations on the front line,
- cleansing the country from traitors and collaborators,
- detention of Russian agents and spotters,
- counteracting Russian undercover influence in the church environment of the UOC-MP.
The head of the SBU, Vasily Malysh, emphasized that with the start of a full-scale invasion, the special service significantly strengthened the counterintelligence direction in order to expose agents, traitors and collaborators. And SBU officers are present in the hottest spots of the war.