Ukrainian defenders have been defending Ukraine from Russian invaders for 333 days of a full-scale war. The occupiers do not give up their attempts to advance in the Bakhmut direction, but they receive a powerful rebuff from our soldiers.
The situation at the front as of the morning of January 22 was reported in the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Read more informs Channel 24.
Defense Forces carried out 17 air strikes against the enemy
Over the past day, the aircraft of the Defense Forces inflicted 14 strikes on the concentration areas of the occupiers and 3 more on the positions of enemy anti-aircraft missile systems. Meanwhile, units of rocket troops and artillery hit 2 concentration areas of the invaders.
In addition, Ukrainian defenders repelled enemy attacks in the areas of the settlements of Novoselovskoye in the Luhansk region and Terny, Serebryanskoye forestry, Verkhnekamenskoye, Belogorovka, Krasnaya Gora, Bakhmut, Pervomaiskoye, Maryinka and Pobeda in the Donetsk region.
Threat of enemy missile strikes
During the day, the enemy launched 1 missile and 27 air strikes. He also made 55 attacks from multiple launch rocket systems.
The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine notes that the threat of strikes using ground-based and air-based missiles and kamikaze drones remains throughout Ukraine.
What is happening in the main directions of the front
- The invaders tried advance on the Avdeevsky and Limansky directions. However, unsuccessful. They also continue to attempt an offensive in the Bakhmut direction. In particular, they are increasing the intensity of the use of aviation. In other directions, the invaders are on the defensive.
- Enemy mortar and artillery fire hit the areas of the settlements of Bruski, Chernihiv region, Sopich-Sumskoy, as well as Veterinary, Strelka, Pilne, Staritsa, Volchansk, Novomlynsk, Dvurechnaya and Kupyansk, Kharkiv region.
- On Volynskaya, Polesskaya, Severskaya and Slobozhanskaya – no enemy offensive groupings were found.
- In the Kupyansk direction, Sinkovka, Petropavlovka, Tabaevka and Krakhmalnoe in the Kharkiv region and Novoselovskoe and Stelmakhovka in the Luhansk region were shelled.
- In Limanskoye, the enemy shelled Makeevka, Ploshchadka, Chervonopopovka, Kuzmino, and Serebryanskoye forestry in the Luhansk region.
- In the Bakhmut direction, the enemy fired at the positions of our troops in areas of more than 15 settlements. Among them: Verkhnekamennoye, Vyemka, Controversial, Belogorovka, Soledar, Bakhmut, Kleschievka, New York, Druzhba and Zheleznoe of the Donetsk region. , Krasnogorovka and Marinka, Donetsk region.
- In Novopavlovsk, the invaders fired on Bogoyavlenka and Nikolskoe, Donetsk region.
- In the Zaporozhye direction, more than 15 settlements were hit by artillery fire. In particular: Vremovka, Malinovka, Huliaipole, Volshebnoe, Malaya Tokmachka, Orekhov, Novodanilovka, Kamenskoye, Zelenaya Grove and Novoselka in Zaporozhye.
- In the Kherson direction, the invaders again fired at Belozerka, Dneprovskoye, Yantarnoye from the entire range of artillery, Beregovo and Kherson.