The representative of the main intelligence department of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine Vadym Skibitsky, speaking about the counteroffensive, calls the spring or early summer the decisive moment in the war. Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov also said that in the spring Ukraine is preparing for a new large-scale attack by Russia.
The invaders have already begun to attack – this is evidenced by the events around Bakhmut, the battles for which have been going on for a long time time. This Channel 24 was told by military observer Denis Popovich. He noted that now we are seeing enemy attempts to attack also in the Zaporozhye and Lugansk regions. >According to him, the Russians in the Lugansk region resort to the following tactic: they send convicts into the minefields, who blow up the mines in order to clear the advance of the counterattack units of the Russian army.
If we talk about the timing of the counteroffensive, that is, a certain competition, who will start large-scale actions earlier, – the military observer noted.
He suggested whether or not our partners will be able to arm the Armed Forces of Ukraine with the appropriate types of weapons so that we can start first. Or the Russians will be able to accumulate forces, from their point of view, sufficient to launch an offensive on certain sectors of the front that they have identified.
Who will be the first to launch a counteroffensive and under what conditions – the occupiers or the Armed Forces of Ukraine: watch the video< /strong>
Three possible directions for the counteroffensive of the invaders
Popovich believes that there are three such sectors:
- Luhansk region;
- Donetsk region with the aim of capturing the entire region by the end of March – such a task was set directly by Putin;
- Zaporozhye region, where attacks are possible in order to take control of the entire region.
” As a result of fake “referendums” last fall, the occupiers declared that the Zaporozhye region now completely “belongs” to them. Therefore, they can decide the issue of actual control over it entirely,” Denis Popovich emphasized.
Forecasts regarding further events at the front: important
- Ukrainian defenders and defenders inflict colossal losses on the enemy and liberate Ukrainian cities and villages. The head of the Pentagon said that the turning point in the war had already arrived. Meanwhile, the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense announced their forecast: the spring-summer of 2023 will be the decisive stage in the war. After that, it will be possible to talk about the timing of the end of the war.
- Ben Hodges, the ex-commander of US troops in Europe, noted that Ukraine is building up strength for an offensive in the spring. He noted that Crimea is a decisive territory for Ukraine and it will be liberated before the end of summer 2023. But this will happen on the condition that Western countries supply Ukraine with the necessary weapons.
- During the meeting in the Ramstein format, the international allies could not agree on the supply of Leopard tanks to Ukraine. This technique is critical for our defenders, because the Russian spring offensive will begin in a matter of weeks. Retired British Air Vice-Marshal Sean Bell expressed this opinion.