What documents do men need to travel abroad during martial law


What documents do men need to travel abroad during martial law

During martial law, the departure of men of military age from Ukraine is prohibited. Everyone, for various reasons and under certain circumstances for a while, this is possible. First of all, we are talking about men who have a delay from mobilization.

In order to avoid problems at the border, first of all, you need to show a certificate of deferment from mobilization. Lawyer Dmitry Strichenko spoke about other important nuances.

Since Ukrainian men often travel outside the country by their own car, there is also an additional list of documents for them that the State Border Service will require.

What documents are needed when leaving:

  • passport of a citizen of Ukraine for traveling abroad; diplomatic passport; official passport; seafarer's identity card;
  • driver's license;
  • technical passport for a car;
  • green card (car insurance when traveling abroad).

Pay attention ! As part of the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 69 of January 27, 2023, it is prohibited to leave certain categories of women and men who are in the public service, work in enterprises with a state ownership share of more than 50% and have reservations.

However, the lawyer noted that this rule does not apply to single parents of children under 18 years of age, whom they go to visit abroad. Also an exception are patients of foreign clinics where they receive treatment.

By the way, the National Security and Defense Council adopted a decree according to which none of the representatives of the civil service, as well as deputies, can leave the territory of Ukraine during martial law.

Expansion of the list of persons who are allowed to leave: what is known

  • According to bills No. 9075 and No. 9074, Ukrainian students of foreign universities and other categories of citizens who are not subject to mobilization can be allowed to travel abroad.
  • Such travel abroad must be agreed with the military registration and enlistment offices.
  • At the same time, a man who wants to go abroad must return to Ukraine no later than the expiration of the period for which he is not subject to mobilization (or within 30 days after departure).

Leave a Reply