What's Worse Could Happen – Kuleba on Rumors of Massive Russian Attack on May 9
Worse things could happen, – Kuleba about rumors of Russia's massive attack on May 9/MFA
Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmitry Kuleba commented on rumors about massive Russian attacks, which the aggressor country is allegedly preparing for May 9. The Minister stressed that from February 23, Ukraine is ready for any scenarios.
According to Channel 24, he said this during a joint press conference of Foreign Ministers. The minister added that the importance of May 9 should not be exaggerated.
Do not exaggerate the significance of May 9
Kuleba urged not to panic, because under martial law, May 9 is such a same day as the others.
What's worse than that? More missiles will fly to Ukraine? They can do it and not on May 9th. Will more Russian troops be abandoned? So this can also happen every day,” Kuleba replied.
He stressed that from February 23, Ukraine is ready for different scenarios.
I don't want to exaggerate May 9th. Every day something can change,” the minister said.
Putin can make a grandiose statement
According to Kuleba, the only thing that can change is Kremlin rhetoric. This day is beneficial to the aggressor state precisely from the point of view of propaganda. In all likelihood, the President of Russia is preparing to enter on this day with a grandiose statement.
Joint press conference of the foreign ministers in Ukraine: watch the video
What actions of Russia are possible on May 9: the most important
- Western experts predict that the Russian President may resort to declaring war. Thus, the next step will be the announcement of mobilization in Russia.
- Russian opposition human rights activist Mark Feygin stressed that Putin would not dare to announce a general mobilization, since the distribution of weapons is the greatest fear of the head of Russia.
- Vadim Denisenko noted that on May 9, the Kremlin may make a statement about the accession of the so-called “DPR” and “LPR” to Russia.
- US Senator Bob Menendez voiced fears that Russia could use nuclear weapons.
- Reuters believes that during the parade, Putin will send a doomsday warning to the West.
Whatever Russia has prepared for the world, Vadim Denisenko urged Ukrainians to stay at home during curfews and do not neglect worries.