When the deferment from mobilization can be canceled: a complete list of grounds
Martial law continues in Ukraine, and with it, general mobilization. At the same time, the mechanism of deferment from service is working. But it can be canceled for one of these reasons.
In order not to surprise you with the decision to annul the deferment from mobilization, Channel 24 has studied Article 23 of the Law on “Mobilization Preparation and Mobilization” more carefully. In paragraph 12 of the Procedure for booking persons liable for military service, the conditions under which this delay can be canceled were named.
Why can a deferment be cancelled?
There may be 15 reasons for this, indicated in the “Order”. We will focus on them this time. It is about:
- the MSEC commission did not confirm the disability;
- VLK did not confirm unfitness for military service within 6 months;
- one in three dependent children of a man is already 18 years old;
- there is no need to deal with a relative with a disability of group I or II;
- there is no need to take care of a sick child or a child with a disability under 18 years of age or an adult child with a disability of group I or II;
- there is no need to care for a sick husband or wife or parents of a husband or wife, who was previously appointed by the MSEC commission;
- there is no need to take care of a disabled person;
- the person liable for military service has lost the status of a people's deputy;
- the person was dismissed from service in one of the institutions specified in the list of part 14 of Article 23 of the Law;
- a person liable for military service graduated from a university, postgraduate or doctoral studies or was dismissed from a position in institutions of higher or vocational higher education, scientific institutions or organizations, institutions of vocational (vocational) or general secondary education at the main place of work for less than 0.75 scientific rates and scientific and pedagogical workers;
- the booking has expired and has not been restored;
- the enterprise, institution, organization that provided the reservation completed the mobilization task (order) or canceled it;
- the enterprise, institution, organization that provided the booking has completed the production of goods, performance of work and services for the needs of the Armed Forces of Ukraine or other military formations;
- the enterprise, institution or organization that provided the booking has lost its status as critical to the functioning of the economy and the livelihoods of the population during a special period;
- the authority or the business, institution or organization providing the booking has gone into liquidation;
- the person liable for military service was dismissed from the authority, enterprise, institution or organization that provided him with the reservation.
We remind you that for refusal to appear at the military registration and enlistment office, a person liable for military service will face both administrative and criminal liability. If you do not come to the TCC SP for the first time, then you face a fine from 1,700 to 3,400 hryvnias, the second time – from 3,400 to 5,100 hryvnias. In extreme cases, a person can go to jail for a period of 3 to 5 years.