Who can serve at the place of residence: what the lawyer said
When mobilized, some groups of those liable for military service may serve at their place of residence. This norm is spelled out in the law on mobilization preparation and mobilization.
In particular, this implies its 23 article. However, the head of the trade union “Ukrainian Independent Fund of Lawyers”, the head of JSC “Portnoy and Partners”, lawyer Rostyslav Kravets said that they often do not adhere to this.
Who can serve at the place of residence
The law provides that certain categories of persons can serve only at their own request and only at the place of residence. This is about:
- parents with many children;
- parents of children with disabilities;
- persons with disabilities.
Often this is not followed. For example, such a person is registered in the Lviv region, is fighting near Slavyansk in the Donetsk region,” said Rostislav Kravets.
He explained that a person who has such a desire can:
- apply with an appropriate report to the commander of the unit, indicating that he should serve only in the region where he is registered;
- then it must be translated.
Spring mobilization in Ukraine
- In February, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine voted to extend the mobilization and the military shutter until May 20, 2023. That is, the general mobilization in Ukraine has not stopped since the beginning of Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
- Vladislav Yurchak, a lawyer at the T&T Partners law firm, said that the number of people mobilized in 2023 is a mystery, because it is of great value to the enemy. However, the specialist said that the mobilization takes place according to the territorial principle – each region has a specific plan for the mobilized.
- In addition, some mobilized at the place of work may receive a reservation. Moreover, some may even travel abroad. Read more about the rules for the departure of booked persons – read the link.