Will a man with disabled parents be released from the country?
Martial law and general mobilization of the population continue in Ukraine. Men aged 18 to 60 are not allowed to go abroad, but there are some categories of people who can still leave the country.
In particular, this applies to citizens who care for parents with disability. Lawyer Marina Bekalo explained this in more detail, Channel 24 reports.
On the basis of what documents can one cross the border in this case
If a citizen of Ukraine of military age has a disabled mother or father, he has the right to travel abroad with them. However, there are certain conditions.
It is necessary to have with you the appropriate documents, namely:
- confirming the disability of the parents, family ties and documents confirming cohabitation with parents (registration with them). A certificate from the TsNAP or stamps in the passport about registration will do (they must match);
- if the addresses of residence do not match, then you must provide the “Act of Establishing the Fact of Leaving”
- or a certificate of receipt of compensation for care.
How to obtain the necessary document
If there is no common residence permit with parents, then one of the other two listed proofs should be prepared.
To obtain the “Act of establishing the fact of care”, for example, you should apply at the place of residence (of a citizen or his parents) to the local state administration and submit an application with documents on disability.
Then within 5 days the Act must be issued. A certificate of receipt of compensation for care is usually issued by the social protection authorities.
Pay attention! Citizens who, according to the law, can receive compensation from the state for their family members on a non-professional basis.
There is a unique conflict in the travel restriction
- Vladislav Yurchak, a lawyer at T&T Partners, in an article on Channel 24, stated that there is a certain conflict in Ukrainian legislation regarding the restriction on travel abroad. Under martial law, the right to leave the country is limited for men from 18 to 60 years old.
- The lawyer explains that this is approved by articles 1, 2, 6, 8 of the Law of Ukraine “On the Legal Regime of Martial Law” (decree President, approved by the Verkhovna Rada). Despite this, the Presidential Decree does not establish constitutional restrictions.
- In general, to sum up, restricting the exit of men is a completely legal mechanism. However, its implementation is not yet fully completed.