Recently it became known that the Netherlands is ready to transfer F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine. However, these deliveries must first be agreed upon in the United States.
This situation was commented on by US Ambassador to the OSCE Michael Carpenter. He is confident that Washington will support the allies' idea to transfer F-16s to Ukraine.
What American officials think about providing Ukraine with weapons
We have long been of the opinion that what our allies supply is their business. And we support the countless contributions made by our allies to Ukraine,” the ambassador said.
He also added that he expects wide support from the United States of the allies, who will continue to increase their contribution.
We add that to a clarifying question about whether this concerns fighters, he answered in the affirmative.
Military assistance from partners: latest news
- Ministers from 9 countries on January 19 promised to provide our state with everything necessary to win this war. These are Estonia, the UK, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Denmark, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands and Slovakia.
- Germany promises to provide Ukraine with a 1 billion euro military aid package in the spring of 2023. In Berlin, they promise not to stop at supporting Ukraine.
- Poland, in turn, promised to provide our defenders with S-60 anti-aircraft guns and 70,000 ammunition for them, 42 infantry fighting vehicles and 155-millimeter CRAB howitzers.< /li>
- The UK has announced a powerful new military assistance package for Ukraine. It will include, in particular, 3 AS-90 155 long-range artillery batteries and a number of Bulldog armored vehicles. The Ministry of Defense announced that it would send an additional 600 Brimstone missiles to Ukraine.
- And on January 19, the United States announced a new $2.5 billion military aid package for Ukraine. This package provides additional NASAMS munitions and Avenger air defense systems to help Ukraine counter a range of short and medium range threats and bolster Ukraine's air defense in depth.
New U.S. Military Assistance Package/Channel 24 infographics