On the Day of the Unification of Ukraine on January 22, President of Ukraine and Member of the British Parliament Boris Johnson met with students from all regions of Ukraine, as well as with representatives of the Military Institute of the Kiev National University . The event took place at the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.
The head of state stressed that during the war a lot of reforms were introduced in the country thanks to the unity of Ukrainians. He claims that all foreign partners appreciate it very much.
Zelensky: They want to see Ukraine in NATO
Zelensky noted that Ukraine's candidacy for the EU is an expensive process. However, the Ukrainians showed the world what it means to be a strong and unique state.
This opened up an understanding of what NATO standards are. All countries see what NATO weapons are, everyone sees what a trained Ukrainian soldier is, everyone sees what result this brings,” the President of Ukraine said.
Zelensky stressed that they want to see Ukraine in NATO. However, unfortunately, not all countries.
“We must constantly fight for those wavering states. This is a task for me, for my OP, for our Ministry of Foreign Affairs. We must combine maximum efforts,” Zelensky said.
Zelensky stressed that Ukraine managed to unite many European countries. Ukraine began to cooperate with states that had long-term influence of Russia, the president adds.
Zelensky announced a possible Russian offensive
- President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky spoke with journalists from the German TV channel ARD. He said that Russian dictator Vladimir Putin is preparing a new offensive in Ukraine. Zelensky warned that the offensive could be in any direction.
- The President believes that Putin could attack in the East or South of the country. Such assumptions are justified by the fact that the Russian dictator set as his goal to enter the administrative borders of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
- He also stressed that the head of the Kremlin is indifferent to his soldiers, Putin sends hundreds of thousands of victims to die.
- The president also answered the question of what will happen after Ukraine reaches the 1991 borders. According to him, the exit of the invaders from our territory will lead to further diplomatic steps.
- The head of state noted that perhaps then there will be “other people”, referring to the current government of the aggressor country. Because now he sees no reason to sit down at the negotiating table with the current government of the Kremlin.