Zelensky told details about conversations with Michel and Trudeau
Zelensky talked with Trudeau and Michel on May 24/Getty Images
Vladimir Zelensky communicates daily with foreign leaders. On May 24, the president spoke with the Prime Minister of Canada and the head of the European Council.
Sanctions and defense: what Zelensky spoke with politicians
< p> The head of state spoke about the details of these conversations in his nightly address to the Ukrainians. Channel 24 reports this.
I spoke today with the President of the European Council, Charles Michel. At the end of May there will be an important meeting of the European Council dedicated to the issues of assistance to Ukraine. So we coordinated the positions,” the Ukrainian leader said.
The conversation of politicians concerned the tightening of sanctions against Russia for the invasion of Ukraine.
The main topic of Zelensky's conversation with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was the topic of defense support for the armed forces of Ukraine. Politicians talked about further political cooperation and providing Ukraine with the necessary amount of assistance, including financial.
By the way, Zelensky also held a meeting with the leaders of the Crimean direction of Ukraine. Among those present was Tamila Tasheva, Permanent Representative of the President of Ukraine in Crimea.
Pay attention! On May 24, Head of the Office of the President Andriy Yermak announced that he was sending Ukraine 20,000 artillery shells in donated M777 howitzers.
Latest news about the war in Ukraine
- During the day on May 24, 12 Ukrainian civilians were killed by Russian shelling in the Donetsk region, and 10 more were injured.
- In the sky over the Zaporozhye region, the National Guard eliminated the Russian Su-25 Grach attack aircraft.
- The head of the Luhansk Regional Military Administration Sergei Gaidai said that the situation in the region is deteriorating every day. The enemy military is simultaneously advancing in all directions.
- Defense Ministry spokesman Oleksandr Motuzyanyk said that the hottest phase of the war is now underway. The occupiers failed, so now they decided to change tactics and massively attack certain areas.
- Zelensky said that Ukraine will not sit down at the negotiating table with Russia until it liberates the territories that the aggressor seized after February 24, 2022 of the year.
- During the day in the zone of the Joint Forces Operation, our military repulsed 9 enemy attacks. Brave Ukrainian soldiers managed to destroy 38 units of Russian equipment.